The Partnership for Veterans Health Care Budget Reform
Representing America's Veterans
WHO: The Partnership for Veterans Health Care Budget Reform, a
consortium of 9 Veterans Service Organizations
WHAT: A Press Briefing to kick off a united campaign to make funding for
veterans health care a mandatory, rather than discretionary, part of the
federal budget so as to provide the VA with a predictable funding stream to
care for those who have borne the battle.
WHEN: Wednesday, February 18, 2004, at 1:00 p.m.
WHERE: The National Press Club - Murrow Room
Expected to participate in this press event, which will follow a summit of
the leaders of the 9 VSO's earlier in the morning at DAV headquarters, are:
- Robert Spanogle, National Adjutant of The American Legion;
- S. John Sisler, National Commander of AMVETS, American Veterans;
- Thomas Miller, Executive Director of Blinded Veterans Association, BVA;
- Alan W. Bowers, National Commander of Disabled American Veterans, DAV;
- Mike Marcus, Public Affairs Director of Jewish War Veterans of the USA;
- Hershel Gober, National Legislative Director of Military Order of the
- Delatorro L. McNeal, Executive Director of Paralyzed Veterans of America,
- Dennis Cullinan, Director, Legislative Services of Veterans of Foreign
Wars, VFW; and
- Thomas H. Corey, National President of Vietnam Veterans of America, VVA.
CONTACT: Dave Autry, DAV Communications, at (202) 554-3501